The Albany bound buses to the Rally For The Empire State Film Production Tax Credit depart at 6:00 a.m. SHARP.
Please contact Rachel Weiser, the on-site coordinator, if you need anything or have any questions. Her cell phone is 512.497.7492 and her other contact information is printed below.
This event will happen rain or shine!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SINCE THERE ARE MANY LOGISTICAL COMPONENTS.
We will provide BUSES from Manhattan at the following locations:
· 42nd & 3rd (Bus Captain Debbie Gleason 917.848.2553)
· 33rd & 8th (Bus Captain TBD)
And from --
· Steiner Studios – 15 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn Navy Yard (Bus Captain TBD)
ALL buses will be labeled "New York Tax Credit Event" in the window. "Best Trails" will be labeled on the side of the bus. Buses depart at 6:00 am SHARP.
We REALLY need 200 participants for this to be successful.
Please email me if you think you can help provide participant or could be a bus captain.
WE STILL NEED 2 BUS CAPTAINS.
WHAT: Ralley For The Empire State Film Production Tax Credit
Come join us in an 11am Truck Rally and 12 noon Press conference on the west state capitol steps on Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 to demand that the Governor and the NYS Legislature keep good paying jobs with benefits and economic development in New York State by reinvesting in the Empire State Film Production Tax Credit and making the successful program permanent.WHO:
Film and television motion picture production workers including International Brotherhood of Teamsters trucks and drivers from across the state; Tom O’Donnell, Secretary-Treasurer, Theatrical International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 817; the IATSE New York Production Locals and John Ford, President and Business Manager, Local 52, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
March 11th, 2009 – Arrive Lincoln Park 11am SHARP
11am- Truck Rally
Noon- Press Conference
WEST State Capitol steps, Albany, New York
· The staging area for participants in Albany will be located at Lincoln Park on
the corner of Park Avenue and South Swan Street.
· All participants will depart Lincoln Park ay 11am SHARP.
· It will be a 15 minute walk from Lincoln Park to the West Capitol steps.
Please contact me (Rachel) if you can’t do the 15 minute walk.
· The Truck Rally will begin from 11am-12pm. All participants will cheer and show support for the trucks as they go around the Capitol honking before the press conference.
· The press conference will be from 12pm-1pm.
· Buses will depart back to the city at 2pm from Lincoln Park.
For any questions concerns please call Rachel Weiser at the following information:
Rachel H. Weiser, Consultant
YOST GOLD CONSULTING, INC.
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004