Thursday, November 10, 2011

Robert Daraio wins Ossining Trustee Election

Well the election is over, Manny Quezada and I won the two open Village Trustee spots in Ossining.. The Ossining Dems took 8 of 9 races this year. Below are the Trustee numbers.

Ossining Village Trustee Vote Count

Daraio                        1525   28%

Quezada                     1495  27%

Terelli                          1244  23%

Fritsche                       1243  23%

 

I would like to thank Mayor Bill Hanauer, Town Supervisor Catherine Borgia, Katie Goriycki, Thomasina Laidley, Bill Burton, the Ossining Democratic Committee, all the fabulous Blitz Kids, my fellow candidates, family, friends, and supporters for a great campaign.   

Thank you to all the professors, staff, and fellow students at the CUNY Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies program for helping to fill the gaps in my skill set and prepare me for the new challenges ahead. You patience and insight is appreciated far more than I can say.

Newly Elected Ossining Trustees Manuel Quezada and Bob Daraio

I also would like to take a moment to thank all the AEA, AFTRA, DGA, IATSE, IBEW, NABET-CWA, and WGAE Brothers and Sisters who endorsed and supported my campaign, both personally and financially. I'd also like to thank the Westchester-Putnam Central Labor Body for their endorsement. 


The labor movement can take back the Democratic Party and get a real voice in government only by running labor candidates. Three out of five Trustees in Ossining are now trade unionists. Solidarity!

Fraternally,

Bob Daraio, Trustee
Village of Ossining




Robert R. Daraio 

Recording Secretary
New York Broadcast Trades Council
Delegate NYCCLC-AFL-CIO
NABET-CWA Local 16

No comments: