Dear Friends of the Murphy Institute,
Please help us to get the word out about the new Masters Degree in Labor Studies at CUNY, to co-workers, union leaders, activists, students, union staff, and others!
Please RSVP by calling the Murphy Institute:
(212) 827 - 0200
The Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies is part of the School for Professional Studies and the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York
New York, NY 10036-7406
Tel: 212.827.0200 Fax: 212.827.5955
Our September classes have generated a lot of excitement from the 37 new Labor Studies M.A. students, as they make new friends and get immersed in their classes.
Here is a comment from one student:
"For me this is a tremendous opportunity for those of us who are committed to the labor movement and the empowerment of all workers. I highly recommend this program which is developing the innovative labor leaders of today and tomorrow!" - Damon, Local 1199 staff
With exceptional faculty and lecturers, and CUNY's relatively modest tuition, this is certainly one of the finest Labor Studies Programs in the country.
We appreciate your help in publicizing the Masters in Labor Studies program.
In addition, if you can help arrange a meeting with your union's leadership or members, or any organization, please let us know.
Labor Studies Program Coordinator
About the M.A. in Labor Studies
· Students explore issues from many perspectives, including economics, sociology, history, political science, global studies and cultural analysis.
· The curriculum combines theory with practice and includes fieldwork opportunities.
· Graduates are prepared to work with unions as field representatives, organizers, researchers, educators, and communications specialists, among other staff and leadership positions. Others pursue careers in law, labor relations, human resources, and government.
· Earn a professional degree to enhance career opportunities in laborand related fields
· Develop a deeper understanding of work, workers and workers’organizations in a global society
· Become a more effective advocate for labor rights and social justiceAcquire new knowledge and sharpen analytical skills
· Study with world-class faculty and outstanding practitioners in the field
See for yourself how the MA in Labor Studies at the CUNY Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies will help you become a more effective organizer, negotiator, and advocate for the rights and needs of workers.
New York, NY 10036-7406
Tel: 212.827.0200 Fax: 212.827.5955http://www.workered.org/