Thursday, November 13, 2008

Share Your Vision

Hi All,

President-Elect Obama is hard at work getting this country back on track, but he’s counting on input from all of us.

I just wrote in to share my vision for where President-Elect Obama should lead the country, and I thought you might want to do the same:

http://www.change.gov/yourvision


This is what I wrote:

I'd like to see a country where people can easily join a union and engage in collective bargaining without fear.

I'd like to see the members of the House and Senate have Social Security as their retirement plan.

I'd like to see a cap on executive compensation, bonuses, and severance packages.

I'd like to see a mortgage bailout plan where all mortgages are turned into 40 year, 5% interest notes, with back payments for folks who have fallen behind put on the end, and a six month payment deferral if the mortgage holder is unemployed.

I'd like to see credit card interest rates tied to passbook savings interest with the maximum credit card rate no more than three times the passbook savings payout. So to charge 15% in credit card interest a bank would have to pay 5% to depositors. The maximum credit card rate, including all fees and late charges, should never be greater than 20%.

I'd like to see a law passed that requires all businesses to pay the difference between a person's military pay and their regular salary when they are called up to serve in any branch of the military, with federal funds made available for helping small business and the self employed.

I'd like to help in any way I can. Contact me at bdaraio@yahoo.com or 914-944-9626 if there is anyway I can help.

Respectfully,

Bob Daraio

No comments: